The DBA invites Downtown restaurants, cafés, bars, and coffee shops to heat things up this summer and enter our 1st annual Downtown Patio Contest.
You could win great prizes, have your patio featured in our Downtown Advantage Magazine, and own the bragging rights of having Downtown’s best patio!
Who Can Enter?
- The Patio Contest is open to any permanent restaurant, café, bar, or coffee shop in Downtown Edmonton with a public, outdoor patio.
- The establishment must be located within the DBA borders, from 95 Street to 109/111 Street, and from 97 Avenue to the south side of 105 Avenue.
- Participating establishments must have both a valid Business License and a valid Sidewalk Café Permit and License from the City of Edmonton.
- Pop-up patios or private patios are not eligible to enter.
How to Take Part
- Sign up by Friday, June 22. It’s free! Click here for the application.
- Your patio should be open to the public by Friday, June 22 and stay open until the end of summer.
- Send us a high-res photo showing off what makes your patio so fantastic.
- Winners will be announced after the August long weekend.
The public will vote for the best patios in the following categories.
Best Overall Patio $500
Best Patio with a View $250
Best Happy Hour Patio $250
Best Patio for People Watching $250
Most Family-Friendly Patio $250
Members of the public can join in on the fun too! Take a selfie at your favourite participating patio. Post it on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtags #DBAyegpatio and #yegdt and you could win $100 in Downtown Gift Cards.
Questions? Email email@example.com. Or call 780.424.4085.