Discover Downtown’s colourful history, outstanding architecture, and must-see landmarks on a free, historical walking tour with the Core Crew!
The Downtown Business Association’s Core Crew is a team of five friendly, post-secondary students who act as Downtown Ambassadors from June to August. In their bright red jacket and caps, they are a friendly, recognizable presence in the Downtown Streets.
- Act as ambassadors of the DBA and Downtown Edmonton
- Host the DBA’s FREE, guided walking tours
- Provide helpful information to tourists and locals including transit info, directions, and information about festivals, shopping, and Downtown events.
- Represent the DBA at Downtown summer festivals and special events
- Help keep Downtown clean by taking part in Capital City Clean Up
The Core Crew’s free historical walking tours of Downtown run weekdays from
June 21 to August 24, 2018.
- Tours times are 1 pm Monday to Thursday, and 10 am on Friday.
- Tours start at Michael Phair Park, and finish at Edmonton City Hall.
- Online reservations are required.
Helpful Tour Details:
- Tours are approximately 2.9 kilometers long (just under 2 miles) and take about 90 minutes.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and sunblock, and bring drinking water.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early.
- Because of the distance and speed at which we walk, this tour is not recommended for children under 10 years old or for people with mobility problems.
- Tours may be canceled at the last minute due to inclement weather. On rainy days check with us at 780.424.4085. Or visit our twitter feed @corecrewyeg for last minute cancellations.
- To ensure the tour is enjoyable for all, tour capacity is set at 20 people per tour.
- *NEW* We are no longer accepting drop-ins. Reservations are required for all tours.
- Tour capacity is capped at 20. Book early to ensure a spot.
- Tours are always free and there is no charge to pre-book.
- Book your free tour here.
Private Group Tours:
- Do you have a group of 12 to 20 people, and need to have the tour at a different time? Separate tours may be scheduled to accommodate large or corporate groups (depending on the Crew’s limited availability).
- Please note, you must have between 12 and 20 people (max) confirmed in order for us to consider your request.
- We will confirm your tour within two business days of booking.
- Book your private group tour here