Discover Downtown’s colourful history, outstanding architecture, and must-see landmarks on a free, historical walking tour with the Core Crew!
The Downtown Business Association’s Core Crew is a team of five friendly, post-secondary students who act as Downtown Ambassadors from June to August. In their bright red jacket and caps, they are a friendly, recognizable presence in the Downtown Streets.
- Act as ambassadors of the DBA and Downtown Edmonton
- Host the DBA’s FREE, guided walking tours
- Provide helpful information to tourists and locals including transit info, directions, and information about festivals, shopping, and Downtown events.
- Represent the DBA at Downtown summer festivals and special events
- Help keep Downtown clean by taking part in Capital City Clean Up
Core Crew Details
- Michael Phair Park (next to “Evoolution” on 104 Street just north of Jasper Avenue)
- Please arrive 10 minutes early.
- Individual reservations are not required. However, tour capacity is capped at 20. First come, first served.
- Reservations are required for groups of 8 or more.
- Groups of 8 or more should reserve in advance by filling out a form (check back in May).
- This advance notice is required to ensure we can accommodate your group on your desired day and time.
- Tours are always free and there is no charge to pre-book.
- Do you have a group of 12 to 20 people, and need to have the tour at a different time? Separate tours may be scheduled to accommodate large or corporate groups (depending on the Crew’s limited availability). Just fill in our form (check back in May).
- Please note we cannot book private tours for fewer than 12 confirmed participants. You must have between 12 and 20 people (max) confirmed in order for us to consider your request.
Important Tour Details:
- Tours are approximately 2.9 kilometers long (just under 2 miles) and take about 90 minutes.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and sunblock, and bring drinking water.
- Because of the distance and speed at which we walk, this tour is not recommended for children under 10 years old or for people with mobility problems.
- Tours may be canceled at the last minute due to inclement weather. On rainy days check with us at 780.424.4085. Or visit our twitter feed @corecrewyeg for last minute cancellations.
To ensure the tour is enjoyable for all, tour capacity is set at 20 people per tour.